- Minimum 3 years of experience in business strategy, business development, growth and investment firms such as CDC, Sequoia, IDG, GSR and equivalent.
- Master degree in relevant business discipline, e.g. Management, Accounting, Analytics, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Business from University of Malaya, NUS, TsingHua University or equivalent.
- Experienced in creating regional development or impact (Preferably ASEAN) with proven works.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese, additional languages not mentioned will be considered favourable.
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Preferred languages: Japanese and Korean
- Responsibilities/ Scopes
What we need:
As a Business Development Executive, you will work very closely with other team leaders to support the strategic business development plan including launch of new projects to expand the presence of TusStar Malaysia regionally. You will report to the business development manager and senior management team.
You will play a foundational role in helping startups in Malaysia grow, as the main point of contact between TusStar Malaysia and potential partners. You will also help kick-start new initiatives, and to make sure the team’s time and capital is strategically and efficiently managed.
- Serve as the external point of contact for the public and potential partners.
- Execute and support TusStar Malaysia’s strategic business development plans.
- Source, negotiate and close partnership deals with top tier high quality service partners that have a regional or local focus.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of potential partners databases.
- Manage and maintain the complex stakeholders of TusStar Malaysia, including investors, government, universities, corporates, associations, and more.
- Research and observe other ecosystem players and potential partners to identify market gaps for growth opportunities and cultivate partnership opportunities.
- Research and analyze companies, C-Level executives, business trends, and competitive intelligence to create detailed research based strategic communication plans.
- Build and manage relationships with ecosystem players (VCs, startup community builders and service providers), work towards overall community mobilisation and reach out to ensure that TusStar’s initiatives reach out to relevant ecosystem stakeholders.
- Participate in events, seminars, and workshops to build and share sectoral knowledge.
- Ensure coordination with relevant team members within the organisation for event participation.
- Leverage TusStar Malaysia’s resources to suit individual partners.
- Work closely with the marketing team to launch business development campaigns.
- Build models to evaluate the impact of partners to improve TusStar Malaysia’s business model and incubator offerings to start-ups.
- Constantly run tests to optimize the best acquisition channels and engage new strategic initiatives to harness new opportunities.
- Company Size
Total 10 - 49 employees
Mandarin Speaking Senior Shipping/Supply Chain Specialist (E-commerce Company at Bayan Lepas)
Agensi Pekerjaan JEV Management Sdn. Bhd.
2 years experience
Supportive management team (The MORE you give, the MORE you get), Young and energetic team of enthusiastic professionals, Excellent career prospects await you! (Internal Promotion)